Saturday, July 21, 2007

On Milan

The problem, of course, with having such a lovely, soul-filling, restful little stretch is that eventually it has to end. And the nearest city to go on to immediately afterward was unfortunately Milan. Honestly, I've never really had much of a desire to see Milan, but I've always sort of felt like I should at some point. It seemed like such a glitzy place, and incredibly mysterious, as I always seem to hear it mentioned but knew really absolutely nothing about it. So I thought, alright, onward to Milan!

The thing is though, for the first time since I stepped off the plane two months ago, the minute I set foot in this city... I couldn't wait to leave. I truly and honestly hated this town. I know that sounds harsh... and the funny thing is I can't give you a good reason for it. The city itself really was a lovely, pretty place. I mean, see for yourself:











It really was just as lovely as any other place... I just hated it. I hated the spirit of it, I hated the feeling of it, and I hated the way people looked at you as you walked down the street. Never have I been in a place that made me feel more... unworthy, somehow. And I just came from Paris! I mean, really... sheesh! So even though I don't think I'll ever be able to put it into words, all I can say was that after two days I was more than ready to hightail it out of there, and on to more friendly parts of Italy.

2 comments:

Alea said...

Try using stream of consciousness maybe? It might give you some insight as to why it was such a strongly negative place for you.

Also...I had been thinking of getting a camera for a while. When it came time to getting one, I figured what better way to research than to actually use one and I had used yours and loved it. I have named mine R2-C2.

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the MP3 e MP4, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://mp3-mp4-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.